About Serve City Serves
Serve City Serves is our organization's exciting community outreach program that aligns closely with our three-pronged motto of Excellence, Relationships and Love. Serve City Serves provides young athletes on our club volleyball teams the opportunity to help those less fortunate by giving back to the local community or to national or international causes, an important new tool in our mission to train our athletes to reach their highest potential both on and off the court. Players grow in life skills and character as they perform community service that impacts their hearts, minds and values.
In 2016-17, Serve City teams and families contributed nearly 50 hours of hands-on service and touched the lives of numerous children, youth and families in need. Here are just a few ways they served others:
- Our Elgin teams packed 19,440 meals at the Feed My Starving Children facility in Schaumburg. These meals fed 53 malnourished kids for a year in the African nation of Malawi. Feed My Starving Children is an international nonprofit that supplies nutritionally complete meals specifically formulated for malnourished kids.
- Our West Chicago 17 team helped process 7,320 pounds of personal hygiene products for needy neighbors in northern Illinois at Northern Illinois Food Bank's suburban processing center in Geneva. Northern Illinois Food Bank is a nonprofit hunger-fighting organization that serves 13 counties in the state.
- Our Downers Grove 14 boys team, West Chicago 18 boys team, Wheaton 14 team and Wheaton 15 team each packed thousands of meals at Feed My Starving Children at its processing facility in Aurora, feeding over 100 kids for a year.
- Our Wheaton 15 team made cards and collected candy for Valentine's Day for residents of the DuPage Convalescent Center.
- Our Elgin 13 team gathered and donated dozens of care packages for homeless shelters to distribute to homeless families and individuals in the Chicago area. The team also made blankets and donated them to Lazarus House, a homeless shelter.
- Our Wheaton 16 and 15 teams packed meals for needy kids overseas at Feed My Starving Children in Aurora.
For more information, contact email@example.com or call (630) 456-1717.