How to track:
This first series from 11/7 - 12/16 we will spend 15 minutes each practice competing in mini Bjerring tournaments. After each practice I will upload those 15 minutes of video and athletes will watch the footage and email firstname.lastname@example.org the results prior to the next practice.
This series athletes will track the following:
- Aces | A Service Ace is a serve which results directly in a point. Examples: The serve strikes the opponent's court untouched. The serve is passed by the opponent but can not be kept in play
- Kills | A Kill is awarded to a player any time an attack is unreturnable by the opposition or any time the attack leads directly to a blocking error by the opposition
- Passing Average | Every dig, and pass will be rated on a scale of 0 - 3. 1 = playable but OOS. 2 = High ball near setter who could still set outside, and right side. 3 = Perfect ball can set quick to all attackers
- Blocks | Anytime the player is able to direct the ball to oppositions court and inbound's.
- Assists | A player is awarded an Assist whenever that player passes or sets the ball to a teammate who attacks the ball for a Kill.
- Hits over the net | Anytime ball is attacked"positive" regardless of in or out, as long is it went over the net.
- Serves over the net | Anytime ball is served "positive" regardless of in or out, as long is it went over the net.
- Transition to attack | Full approach and high jump
- Block attempts | No faults, or violations occurred, and hands have partial/full penetration over
- Most aggressive | Record how many times the ball dropped on your side of the net (regardless of if it was near you or your teammate). i.e. every time you only have one or two touches as a team you record one error. The exception is if Player A gets first touch, and Player B doesn't get second touch then only Player B has to record error. Our leader will have recorded the fewest drops.
This week athletes should also answer the following questions:
1. What is one thing I did well? (Be very specific)
2. What is one thing a teammate did well? (Be very specific)
3. What will I try and improve on for next practice?